“Frozen” will melt even the iciest of hearts

“Frozen” surprises with plot twist and amazing characters and storyline. Credit: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures

"Frozen" surprises with plot twist and amazing characters and storyline. Credit: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures

Viewers are saying it’s the best since “The Lion King.” I’m sorry Elton John and Matthew Broderick, “Frozen” is better.

With powerful female characters, talking snowmen, and expressive reindeer, Disney’s “Frozen” is really the best Disney movie since “The Lion King,” but I think it may be even better.

Walking into the theater, I didn’t know what to expect. With high expectations and a bucket full of popcorn, I was shocked when the characters began singing, even though there are few Disney movies that aren’t musicals. I was even more surprised when I felt tears coming down my face, and a hand reaching into my pocket for some more money to go see it again.

“Frozen” is the story of the kingdom of Arendelle, and its two Princesses, Elsa and Anna. Elsa is coming of age to become the queen of Arendelle, but she has a secret: magic.

Powered by fear and love, Elsa’s magic is powerful and destructive. I could hear people sniffling and saw them brushing away tears when Elsa belted out “Let it go.”

I was covered with goose bumps both times I saw the film.

With the all-star cast of Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, and Jonathan Groff, this movie was destined for greatness in my mind even before I knew what the story was.

It made me cry, it made me laugh, and it made me see it twice in two days. “Frozen” was absolutely astonishing with its graphics, storyline, and characters.

All of the actors were incredible, though my personal favorite was Idina Menzel and the character she voices, Elsa. Her voice has always been a personal favorite, and it brought the queen alive.

“Frozen” is a children’s movie, but the characters are around our age, and dealing with things we are dealing with, which makes it appealing to audiences of all ages, even to the old man sitting next to me who gasped and laughed at all the moments the six-year-old in front of me did.

There are so many Disney movies to choose from, but this one is worth spending $10, $20, or even $30 to go see again and again.