Back to school fashion: The looks to hit the books (9 photos)

Nine students embody the back to school styles at Foothill. Credit: Lauren Pedersen/The Foothill Dragon Press

The age old question: “What am I going to wear on the first day of school?” This question has haunted, excited, and stressed almost every student at some point in their school career. The first day, week, and even month of school is a very important time for students; it’s a time full of the first impressions of peers, teachers, and school staff.

Usually, the first couple days or weeks of school you see every student “dressed to impress,” and then, after awhile, that “back to school” look starts to fade. However, nearing the end of our first month at Foothill, students are still going strong and looking cute and fashionable as ever.

At Foothill there has been a wide variety of back to school styles. There are five girls and four boys, all from different grades at Foothill, who seem to embody most of the different Foothill fashions well, but also managed to put their own stylistic spin on them.

When senior Alea Grundler was asked to describe her style, she immediately said “sophisticated, but not stuffy.” She gets a lot of her stylistic inspiration from Marilyn Monroe; she admires the way Marilyn was able to dress her body and “make herself look like perfection.”

Senior Karisma Patel said that her style is a mix of Bohemian and preppy, which she phrased as “Boho-Preppy.” Many of her clothing ideas come from Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato.

When asked about her favorite store, junior Sophia Cyr got a panicked look on her face and said, “That’s a hard one!” After some thought, she decided on Brandy Melville.

While sophomore Baylee Gatlin loves Forever 21, she prefers to get her clothes from obscure places, which helps make her style so unique. Senior Nikhel Patel loves H&M and Ralph Lauren; he goes for the “classy look”.

Although each of the nine students have different styles and inspirations, they all have one thing in common: their styles have evolved throughout middle school and high school. When asked if their style has changed, there were laughs, cringes, and several people even said “oh my gosh.”

Credit: Lauren Pedersen/The Foothill Dragon Press