Playoff recap: Boys’ baseball exits in wild card round against Pacifica Christian

On Tuesday, May 15, the boys’ varsity baseball team fell to the Seawolves of Pacifica Christian High School at Ventura College in the wild card round of the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Division 6 tournament.

The Dragons and the Seawolves each recorded two runs in the first inning and Foothill momentarily broke the tie with a run in the third inning.

In the fifth inning, the Seawolves tied the score at 3-3, only for the Dragons to retake the lead with a run in their half of the inning.

It was the sixth inning, however, that eventually determined this game. The Seawolves scored three runs in the top half of the inning. With a two-run lead, they were able to hold the Dragons scoreless for the final two frames of the game and seal a 6-4 victory.

The team will be graduating four seniors: Jacob Bridges, Troy Lindemann, Karl Roth and Trey Casswell ‘18.

Lindemann, although unsure of the team’s future, sees promising things in the returning varsity players to allow Foothill to remain competitive in the 2019 season.

“I’m not really sure how the team is going to do in the future. It’s going to be tough, with going into a new league and losing a couple key seniors. The team is in great hands though—Clint [Ellison] is an amazing coach, and he has a couple stars that will be playing for him for a couple more years,” Lindemann said. “I know Dillon [Gallagher ‘19], Charlie [Montano ‘19] and Tyler [Hong ‘20] will step up and hopefully do great things, along with some other freshmen that have proved themselves, especially a couple of guys that were called up for CIF.”