Ethan Tan: The fashion man

+Junior+Ethan+Tan+has+a+light%2C+unique+style+that+makes+him+a+fashionable+student.+Credit%3A+Aysen+Tan%2FThe+Foothill+Dragon+Press

Ethan Tan: The fashion man

Junior Ethan Tan has a light, unique style that makes him a fashionable student. Credit: Aysen Tan/The Foothill Dragon Press

Natalie Smith

Twerking on the stage at lunch isn’t something unusual for junior Ethan Tan. He has a very unique and outgoing personality, and the same can be said for his fashion sense.

Tan describes his style as “summer-y and light,” and he doesn’t like wearing layers. He’s often seen wearing cut off jean shorts with a vibrant t-shirt, or his favorite outfit: a sweater that has floral print on the top half with a nice pair of pants.

His favorite seasons, summer and fall, are reflected in his clothing choices.

Shopping in Spain last summer gave Tan an unfair advantage in terms of trends, as the country seemed to be a bit ahead of the US.

“When I was in Spain I saw a lot of things that I hadn’t really seen before, but then when I got back, like a few months later, it seemed like people were dressing the same way. So I think they just set the trends a little bit faster than people in America” Tan said.

When Tan isn’t buying his clothes in Spain, which is a majority of the time, he likes shopping from popular stores such as American Eagle, Buffalo Exchange and Forever 21.

Tan’s advice for wardrobe planning is to have enough outfits for a week without having to do laundry, and to have two essentials.

“I think everyone should have a good pair of jeans that they can wear with anything. And I think everyone should have a good button up shirt,” he said.

Dressing nicely is important to Tan because he thinks that you should hold yourself to a high standard, and that dressing nicely and appropriately earns you respect. He also feels that clothes are a good way to express yourself.

Whether his clothes are from Spain or American Eagle, Ethan Tan is always dressed to impress.

Credit: Aysen Tan/The Foothill Dragon Press