Off Campus Eats: Jim & Rob’s Fresh Grill

Jim & Rob's Fresh Grill is only about 6-8 minutes away from school and features delicious Mexican food.
Jim & Rob’s Fresh Grill is only about 6-8 minutes away from school and features delicious Mexican food.

Every student faces the same important question each day during lunch: “Where should I eat?” For our first Off Campus Eats feature, the answer is Jim & Rob’s Fresh Grill, a small restaurant in midtown not too far from school.

Jim & Rob’s offers a delicious menu at reasonable prices. They mainly focus on Mexican style foods but also have decent burgers and good fries. Jim & Rob’s offers an excellent variety of burritos and they are all under $7 (not including any extra customization). My personal favorites are the Chicken Fajitas Burrito, Carne Asada Burrito and last but not least, the delicious Bacon & Egg Breakfast Burrito with sour cream.

The Chicken Fajitas Burrito has a tasty combination of grilled veggies like onions and bell peppers and chicken grilled to perfection, all wrapped up nicely in a huge tortilla with beans, rice, lettuce and pico de gallo.

The Chicken Fajitas Burrito is one excellent option at Jim & Rob's. Credit: Angel Mayorga/The Foothill Dragon Press
The Chicken Fajitas Burrito is one excellent option at Jim & Rob’s. Credit: Angel Mayorga/The Foothill Dragon Press

If you prefer beef, there is the Carne Asada Burrito, which is just like the Chicken Fajitas, but instead of grilled veggies it has onions, cilantro, and salsa. Regardless, the grilled meat flavor makes a great combination with the beans and mexican rice.

The best burrito at Jim & Rob’s is definitely the Bacon & Egg Breakfast Burrito with sour cream. They throw eggs, seasoned potatoes, bacon and sour cream all into one tortilla, creating a heavenly product that satisfies. You can substitute the bacon for sausage, chorizo, or, for the vegetarians out there, they also have the Veggies & Eggs Breakfast Burrito.

These aren’t the only good foods to choose from at Jim & Rob’s. They also have Shrimp Burritos, Mahi Burritos, Tri-Tip Burritos, and Chili Verde Burritos, to name a few. A great thing about eating at Jim & Rob’s is that they have nice, big portions, and the huge burritos come with chips and as much salsa as you would like.

If you aren’t feeling like burritos, they also have Chimichangas, Tostadas, Tacos and Burgers. If you happen to get fries with a burger, make sure you ask for salt if you want it, because these fries aren’t very salty. Other than the lack of salt, the fries are perfectly golden and crunchy.

Jim & Rob’s is sure to satisfy your off campus hunger and it is only about 6-8 minutes away from Foothill, located around the midtown area. They have good portions and the prices won’t drain your wallet. They also offer pleasant outdoor seating, and make it easy to order take out. The service here is wonderful, and they have always gotten my orders right. Jim & Rob’s is a great option for an off campus meal.