Wrap-Up: The Foothill girls’ tennis team is defeated by Thacher High School 15-3

Keaton Dadigan

On Thursday afternoon, the Foothill girls’ tennis team was defeated by the Thacher High School Toads 15-3 in a home league match at Ventura College.

The Dragons record going into Thursday’s match was 11-2 against the undefeated Toads.

All of the singles players, sophomore Summer Khouvilay, freshman Erin Gaynor and junior Laina Feath won one out of their three matches.

“We were limping down the stretch,” according to Coach Brad McClain.

In doubles, the Dragons lost every match. Six out of the nine losses for the Dragons were due to forfeit.

Senior Karina Cole and sophomore Katlyn Urick played together for the first time this year and all three matches.  

“Tough day for the Dragons,” said McClain. “Had to forfeit six of nine doubles due to illness and players not being available.”

The loss has left Foothill’s record at 11-3 overall, 8-3 in league. The next match will be an away game against Santa Paula High School on Monday Oct. 19 at 3 p.m.

Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated which members of the team played singles matches. The singles players were sophomore Summer Khouvilay, freshman Erin Gaynor and junior Laina Feath.