Wrap-Up: Pacifica High crushes girls’ varsity volleyball 0-3

On Tuesday night, the girls’ varsity volleyball team competed against Pacifica High School and was defeated in all three sets with final scores of 18-25, 24-26, and 23-25.

Coach Chip Tarleton felt that the team could have improved on “everything,” but a few players showed improvement.

“A couple of players showed signs of cooperating and doing some of the things we’ve been trying to teach in the practice gym,” Tarleton said.

Junior Peyton Grenier felt that the team had a few things that they could have done better.

“We could have improved upon our little errors, [like] hitting the ball out of bounds, or serving out of bounds,” she said.

However, Grenier also believed there were things they did well.

“We played a lot harder, our energy was definitely there and I was proud. We should have won. With fewer mistakes we wouldn’t have lost,” she said.

The team has not competed in league play this season, but overall has zero wins and four losses. Their first league match will be Thursday night against Santa Clara High School.