Rachel Sun

Rachel Sun

Rachel Sun is a senior at Foothill Technology High School, as well as a third-year journalist for the Foothill Dragon Press. This year, she is the editor of the Features section.

Credit: Rachel Horiuchi/The Foothill Dragon Press

Rachel Sun is a senior at Foothill Technology High School, as well as a third-year journalist for the Foothill Dragon Press. This year, she is the editor of the Features section. Rachel is a dedicated student who is taking difficult classes as she prepares for college. She hopes to attend a college in the midwest and has her eye on schools such as University of Virginia, University of Michigan, University of Chicago and Brown University. At this point, Rachel is seeking a dual major in creative writing and international relations. These majors largely tie into her career goals, which include working in the diplomacy department of the government while working on, and eventually publishing, a novel. When she is not busily preparing for her future, Rachel spends her time tutoring younger students at Project Understanding and watching Netflix. She also has spent time becoming trilingual. She is fluent in English, Mandarin, Shanghainese and is almost fluent in Spanish as well. In third grade, she spent most of the year living in Shanghai, where she learned the language.