Julie Knowles

Julie Knowles

Junior Julie Knowles is a second-year journalist and Video Editor on the Foothill Dragon Press. She plays softball for the Varsity Foothill team, as well as for a travel team called

Credit: Rachel Horiuchi/The Foothill Dragon Press

Junior Julie Knowles is a second-year journalist and the Video Editor for the Foothill Dragon Press. She plays softball for the Varsity Foothill team, as well as for a travel team called the Ventura Cardinals, which she will play on until the season for Foothill starts. Julie said she really likes team sports because “it kind of gives you a family vibe from your teammates and they’re always super supportive of you.” Her favorite subject in school is English or history because she really likes her teachers and the classes come really easily to her. She chose to join the Dragon Press because her sister, Lucy Knowles, always talked about the trips and community. Julie said she is “definitely nervous, but more excited than I thought I would be” to be Video Editor this year. In her free time, Julie likes to draw mandala designs to destress. Julie plans on going to Ventura College for two years for her General Education, and although she isn’t sure about her career aspirations, she thinks she’d like to do set design for TV shows and movies. Julie would like readers to know that, like last year, she is still in love with the artist James Morrison.