Jessie Snyder

Jessie Snyder

Jessie Snyder is a junior and second-year staffer in the multimedia section of The Foothill Dragon Press. A hybrid photographer/illustrator, Jessie appreciates fine art.

Credit: Rachel Horiuchi/The Foothill Dragon Press

Jessie Snyder is a junior and second-year staffer in the multimedia section of The Foothill Dragon Press. A hybrid photographer/illustrator, Jessie appreciates fine art. Her art inspirations are Loui Jover, Glen Ronald and Chuck Close. She’s involved in Foothill’s National Art Honor Society, taking her second year of AP art, and volunteering at Vita Art Center, a local art camp. Jessie enjoys working the children’s day camp because she gets to help students create work of their own and see them develop an appreciation for art. She also participates in Foothill’s track and field team, mainly participating in the long jump, but also sprinting one hundred and two hundred meter races. As she enters the eleventh grade, Jessie is aware this be may the most strenuous year of her life, though her philosophy is that the year will only be as hard as she makes it for herself. She is thrilled for her second year of journalism and can’t wait to start the political cartooning section. When not attending one of the various events on her doodle scribbled agenda, Jessie tries to find time for painting, swimming, and traveling. Over the past year, she’s traveled to over five countries, and feels that through the exposure to foreign culture she has gained a better understanding of other cultures. Jessie is not quite sure what she wants to do with her future, but hopes it will be something in art therapy or physiology.

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/221300299″ params=”color=e20000&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]