Rachel Horiuchi

Rachel Horiuchi

Senior Rachel Horiuchi is a second-year staffer for the Multimedia section of the Foothill Dragon Press. Although she has a passion for photography and sees herself continuing to

Credit: Carrie Coonan/The Foothill Dragon Press
Credit: Julie Knowles/The Foothill Dragon Press

Senior Rachel Horiuchi is a second-year staffer for the Multimedia section of the Foothill Dragon Press. Although she has a passion for photography and sees herself continuing to explore it as a hobby in her future, Rachel’s dream is to go to culinary school after college and become a chef. Not only does she have a love for cooking, but she is also a music fanatic. Rachel enjoys listening to everything from dubstep to rock, and from swing to electro. A few of her favorite bands are Fall Out Boy, Marina and the Diamonds, the Pegboard Nerds and Mother Mother. When she’s not swamped with homework and stuck to a computer screen, Rachel can be found figure skating at the Channel Islands Ice Center, a sport she has been dedicated to for 11 years. She was introduced to skating by some family friends when she was six and, after instantly falling in love with it, has continued to follow her passion for the sport ever since. Rachel has also been taking dance classes for over six years, some of which include hip hop, jazz, ballet and contemporary. To stay fueled during her action-packed schedule, Rachel drinks at least seven mugs of tea a day and is powered by protein bars. Although she knows her last year at Foothill will be demanding, she hopes to leave a positive impact by showing how an elective, such as photography, can be used as an opportunity to grow personally and as an artist.