MDH Skin

MDH Skin offers a variety of skin treatments, including a special $30 teenage facial. Credit: Bryn Gallagher/The Foothill Dragon Press.

While navigating through our sometimes hectic lives, it is easy to forget about taking care of our skin. That is where Cindy Hendrix comes in. Hendrix, the owner of MDH Skin, is a licensed esthetician who specializes in waxing and facials for those with aging and acne concerns.

“Five years ago I was thinking of what I wanted to do with my life, so I took classes at Moorpark College, passed the board, and became a licensed aesthetician.”

Her small shop, filled with color and charm, feels like a mixture between a spa and a comfortable living room. The strong smell of essential oil based face cleansers hangs in the room.

“I noticed holes in line so I started with a glycolic and began working on my own line.”

The line grew from there to contain facial creams and even a sunscreen.

MDH skin also offers a specially formatted teen facial. The facial is a 45-minute session, which fits perfectly into a busy schedule and costs $30.

Hendricks is also working towards an online store where products from her line and the other lines she carries can be purchased.

She can also answer your skincare questions and will often suggest creams or cleansers that can help you even after your facial.

Ultimately it is far too easy to forget our skin, it is always there, and seems to always be okay. However, with the help of Hendricks you and your skin will get the relaxing treatment you deserve.

To make an appointment, call 805-643-3118 or visit the shop.

View Larger Map