Wrap-Up: Boys’ basketball defeated by Providence 50-45

The Foothill boys’ basketball played against Providence on Saturday and was defeated by five points, with a final score of 50-45.

Coach Dean Prophet believes that they were low in the first half of the game, but caught up well in the third quarter which led them into the fourth quarter with an eight point lead.

“We fell behind,and then played a terrific 3rd quarter. We were ahead in the fourth quarter [for] the first time, playing ahead with a lead of more than eight  points,” said Prophet.

Prophet believes that the team needs to be able to hold onto a lead when they have it, specifically in the fourth quarter of the game.

“We need to work on learning how to finish a game in which we are playing with a lead,” he said.

The leading performers of the game were senior Nick Vaughan who scored 15 points, had six rebounds, six assists, and four steals along with sophomore Dale Starr who scored 14 points and five rebounds.

Overall, the team has had two wins and nine losses. In the Frontier League the team has had two wins and six losses.

The teams next game will be on Monday at Grace Brethren.