Wrap-Up: Foothill girls’ tennis beats Bishop Diego High School

Credit: Josh Ren/The Foothill Dragon Press

Mallery Kinnun

The Foothill girls’ tennis team defeated the Bishop Diego High School Cardinals 11-7 at Bishop Diego High School in Santa Barbara.

All three of the singles players won two out of the three sets they played, earning six of the 11 overall points for the team.

Doubles team sophomore Summer Khouvilay and freshman Sherlyn Khouvilay won all of their sets, which added three more points to Foothill’s score.

Overall, coach Brad McClain believes that the girls had “a more balanced attack” than their previous matches. Overall, the singles teams scored six points and the doubles scored five.

McClain said that Summer Khouvilay was his most valuable player of this game because of how “awesome [she was] in her doubles play with her sister Sherlyn Khouvilay.”

Their win Tuesday night gave them seven wins and two losses overall and six wins and one loss in league.Three games remain in the league before the finals.

According to McClain, Foothill’s next game against Villanova High School will determine the second place team in the league. The top three league teams move onto finals.

“I want to be a playoff team right out of the gate, and I’m pushing the girls to move in that direction,” stated McClain, “we have an opportunity to make it.”