Summer movies that complement summer nights

Enjoy these movies over the summer. Collage Credit: Aysen Tan/The Foothill Dragon Press

If you are bored during the summer and are in need of an outing with friends or by yourself, movies are the ideal event. Movies are great because you can strike up a conversation about them easily and there are a lot fewer chances for awkward silences if you do not know the person you are with very well. There’s nothing that screams summer more than hanging out with friends late at night watching a good movie. Here’s a few movies that should be worth watching this summer.

Horror: “The Purge” has some competition with “World War Z.” “The Purge” has a great premise. The idea is of a utopia with absolutely no crime or evils in the world, except for one day a year.  On this day, anything goes, including murder or any other heinous crimes that can be imagined. I feel that this movie will be one of the greatest horror movies of the year. “World War Z” has the possibility of being the best movie of the year in my opinion. “The Premise” is also incredibly interesting and has been being filmed since 2011. This film has every possibility to be great.

Comedy: “This Is the End,” “Grown Ups 2,” “The Internship”; All of these movies have great potential to be the funniest movies of the year. “This Is the End” has a medley of stars and what seems to be a great plot for an obnoxious comedy movie, and “Grown Ups 2” may become even bigger than the original. There is a lot of hype about “The Internship” coming out this summer. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are the stars of this movie; without them, the movie probably wouldn’t have such high expectations. The pair have proven to be hilarious when working together in the past, for example in “Wedding Crashers.” It seems like a lot of effort has been put in to make this movie, so it should be great.

Action: “Man of Steel“: This movie may have a lot of weight on its shoulders to do well considering it tells the story of Superman. Unfortunately, I think this movie has the possibility of being a flop, although I could be wrong.

Enjoy these films with some friends, or spend the night just having a summer movie night by yourself. Either way, hopefully you won’t be disappointed.