ASB President Rhea Gill and Vice President Joshua Gelman speak on their values as presidents, and what the future holds for the school year

Fiona Aulenta
Rhea Gill ’25 and Joshua Gelman ’26 sit down and talk about Foothill Tech’s Associated Student Body (ASB) program and many future school events that will be happening in the 2023-2024 school year.

On Nov. 16, 2023, Rhea Gill ‘25, Associated Student Body (ASB) President, and Joshua Gelman ’26, ASB vice president, gave a formal address to highlight their values and goals for the future of their terms.

During the 2022-2023 ASB elections, Gill and Gelman came out victorious, and as their presidencies continue, they have plenty to share about their responsibilities, goals and gratitude at Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech).

As the school year progresses, and her presidency has unfolded, Gill expressed her hopes and ambitions towards increasing the quality of the student experience at Foothill Tech.

She hopes to implement more recognition towards student achievement. Gill expressed “I really want to focus on individual student recognition in the second semester,” laying out her hopes for the future of her presidency.

Gill and Gelman wanted to stress the importance of recognizing hard work. As ASB vice president, Gelman plans Renaissance Rallys, a reward system for students through the Renaissance program.

Gelman explained his desire to include everyone, emphasizing the importance of getting more introverted students to participate in ASB activities. He hopes to, “Finding an activity for everybody to do, where everybody is connected is something I want to improve on.”

He also spoke on the importance of recognizing what students want for Renaissance Rallies, claiming, “We want to have a say for the students too,” while explaining the process of planning rally’s successfully. Gill expressed a similar sentiment towards students’ needs, communicating “I want to bring the Foothill community together by focusing on what we all share in common.”

As their presidencies continue, both Gill and Gelman have high hopes and ambitions. With dedication and courage, the ASB president and vice president look forward to an eventful year at Foothill Tech.

Fiona Aulenta