Ferris, Thompson voted 2020-21 ASB President, Vice President

Emma Yakel, Reporter

Eager members of the student body crowded the door of D-108 to get the chance at voting for their next Associated Student Body (ASB) President and Vice President while rain drizzled outside the polling place on March 13. Students could vote for four different presidential candidates that included Ashlynn Bryson ’21, Paul Casas ‘21Elizabeth Ferris ’21 and Devin Franke ‘21 while vice president elections were between Madison Duston ’21 and Dailyn Thompson ‘21.

Once votes were counted, Ferris and Thompson were revealed to be the new ASB President and Vice President for the 2020-21 school year. 

The role of President and Vice President include responsibilities that involve running and organizing the entirety of ASB. In doing so, these positions are important to the success of events around campus that include renaissance rallies and various other happenings that are organized to support the student body. 

Ferris, who has experience as Awareness Week Director, Elections Director and Spirit Week Director, described in her biography how she wants to “work with ASB to create incentives to get students to start supporting teams more often and promote school spirit,” as President.

More goals of Ferris’ include increasing “incentives and recognition programs for renaissance,” along with recognizing the staffulty more on campus. 

Thompson, who previously held the role of Sophomore Class Secretary and Junior Class Vice President, will enter her third year as ASB Vice President where she wants to “inspire students to strive for excellence in school and to do whatever they consider as doing their best,” as her biography reads. 

Along with her goals of inspiring students’ excellence, Thompson says she wants to increase school pride and make people become more “involved in school activities.”