Playoff recap: Girls basketball out-done by Rolling Hills Prep in third round of state

Jack Vielbig

On Tuesday, March 13, the Foothill Technology girls’ basketball team’s season came to an end in the third round of the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) State tournament. The second-seeded Dragons matched up with the sixth-seeded Huskies of Rolling Hills Prep and fell 53-70 at home.

After being down only one point at halftime, the Huskies turned it on in the second half and pulled away from Foothill.

Emiline Bova ‘19 felt that the team was “too sloppy and turned it over too much,” and Cydnie Gutierrez ‘19 felt that “if a couple more shots went in, then we could have had a chance.”

Gutierrez viewed the season as a success, because “every single person grew as a player and as a person. We became closer and more of a family and worked our hardest to get where we did.”

Abby Bova ‘19 is proud of what her team did this season in what Coach Jason Edgmond called a “historic run.”

“With most of the team returning next year, we have nowhere to look but forward at next season, which means a new opportunity to be better than the year before,” Abby Bova said. “I’ve never been with a group of girls like this, with this much dedication and passion for the game. I can assure you, that’s not going to change. We’re headed for bigger and better things.”

The Dragons finished with a 25-7 overall record after a 9-1 league record.

Jack Vielbig, Reporter

Third-year staffer with a love for penguins, semicolons, Heelys and Chex Mix.