Super Bowl LVIII: Who are the Dragons supporting?

With+anticipation%2C+thousands+of+Americans+gather+around+their+televisions+to+watch+the+San+Fransisco+49ers+match+up+against+the+Kansas+City+Chiefs+in+Super+Bowl+LVIII.+
Rihanna Samples
With anticipation, thousands of Americans gather around their televisions to watch the San Fransisco 49ers match up against the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LVIII.

Since 1967, America has been celebrating their beloved sport of American football in the form of the Super Bowl, a game where the top football teams from each division face off against each other for the national championship. This year, the game is against the San Francisco 49ers (49ers) and the Kansas City Chiefs (Chiefs), and it will take place on the evening of Feb. 11. Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) students have their fair share of opinions of who should win and why.

The Chiefs have won twice in the last four years and are the defending champions going into this year’s Super Bowl. The 49ers have not won in the last 10 years but went to the Super Bowl in 2020 and lost to the chiefs. Ian Clayton ‘25 said, “The chiefs have had too long of a run”, he is hoping for a 49er win on Sunday.

“Definitely 49ers because of Christian McCaffery.”

— Jordan Banola-Castillo ‘25

However, many students at Foothill Tech are pulling for the Chiefs to win yet another Superbowl. Nick Drucker ‘26, said, “I want the Chiefs to win because I’m a Seahawks fan and I definitely do not like the 49ers.” Miranda Aguliar ‘25 agreed as she said, “Chiefs … because of Taylor Swift”. Ryan Alderman ‘25 disagreed, “The 49ers should win … I’m a swiftie, don’t get me wrong … but she shouldn’t be the one attracting the audience. She’s probably never touched a football in her life.”

Other students had varying opinions, some pulling for Anna Frey who is a social media look alike to the 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy. Benjamin Venti ‘26 said, “I really want Anna Frey to win the Super Bowl this year.” While other students wished different teams to be in the Super Bowl this year. Adian Cumming ‘25 mentioned, “I wanted the Raven’s to win but Lamar Jackson didn’t clutch up.”

Even Foothill Tech’s beloved teacher Dan Fitzpatrick voiced his opinion, “I’m pulling for the 49ers to win the super bowl … I went to school at Chico State and we were bombarded by 49er propaganda … I guess I bought into that.”

Foothill Tech seems to be split down the middle over who they want to win the Super Bowl. Thankfully at 3:30 PM on Feb.11, one team will emerge as the 58th Super Bowl champion.