News Brief: “Hearts in Havana” dance rescheduled

Ella Asher

Foothill Tech’s ASB Instagram post sharing the news about the postponement of the “Hearts in Havana” dance.

Ella Asher, Reporter

After weeks of advertising with posters billowing in the hallways, Foothill Technology High School’s (Foothill Tech) spring dance, named “Hearts in Havana,” has been postponed to March 24, 2023 due to a lack of ticket sales. Its new title will be “Secret Garden.” 

Associated Student Body (ASB) had been encouraging students to purchase tickets weeks prior to the original date, Feb. 24, 2023, announcing the dance would be canceled if they did not have 150 tickets sold by the end of the day on Feb. 17. Without meeting this requirement, the dance was instead postponed rather than fully cancelled. 

Although the dance has been pushed back, the requirements for students wanting to attend still remain. ASB advisor Melanie “Captain” Lindsey sent a reminder to students explaining how students still have to get a contract and have it signed by themself and their guardian in order to purchase a ticket.

Along with that, all Ventura Unified School District (Ventura Unified) high school students are able to attend as long as they turn in the signed contract. Additionally, students who have already purchased a ticket for “Hearts in Havana” do not need to buy another ticket for the rescheduled dance. 

Tickets for the “Secret Garden” dance will be sold from Feb. 21 to March 2 for the early bird price of 10 dollars, while from March 6-23 will be the regular price of 15. Students who miss these deadlines will also have the opportunity to buy tickets at the door of the dance for 20 dollars. 

The “Hearts in Havana” dance may be canceled, but students still have the opportunity to go to the “Secret Garden” dance.