FDP-TV: Episode 10

Kimberly Fickerson

The 10th episode of the FDP-TV features the Editors-In-Chief of the Foothill Dragon Press, Caroline Hubner and Jonah Billings, as special guest hosts. This episode is a huge milestone and we wanted to thank our viewers for your continued support.

Kimberly Fickerson, Multimedia Editor

Kimberly Fickerson

As February continues, there are many exciting events taking place on campus. Foothill Tech celebrated Kindness Week, hosted by Associated Student Body (ASB), from Feb. 14-17, which ended with Kindness Court, a celebration where students and staff had the opportunity to honor students’ kindness towards others. The final four winter Sports, girls’ basketball, boys’ basketball, girls’ soccer and boys’ soccer, all entered and exited CIF playoffs this past week, rounding out a successful season. Only girls’ soccer made it to their second game, ultimately losing to Ontario Christian High School 2-0. Spring sports are now underway, with boys’ baseball winning their first game 13-6 against Milken School and girls’ softball tying in a scrimmage against Fillmore High School. Teachers from around Foothill Tech also remarked on the district’s treatment of educators in light of the prolonged Ventura Unified School District (Ventura Unified) wage agreement that was recently settled at a 10 percent increase. Additionally, environmental activists from around Ventura County have been advocating for the removal of the Matilija Dam due to its blockage of the flow of the Ventura River, mainly the natural movement of sediment and wildlife. Thank you for tuning in to the FDP-TV!