Introducing Dragon Athletics: Boys’ soccer

Ella Nicolle

The varsity team gathers in celebration following their second goal, shutting out St. Bonaventure during a successful Senior Night.

Linda Manzo, Writer

Jenna Ostrom

On the eve of the 2022-2023 annual Senior Night, the boys’ varsity soccer team of Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) gathered for their routine practice. Before their practice commenced, the varsity squad gathered for another episode of Introducing Dragon Athletics. The team shared their favorite moments throughout the seasons and an insight into the team’s social structure, as their energetic personalities and passion for the game were exemplified by each individual. Their drive for success remained prevalent in their Senior Night match against St. Bonaventure, defeating the Seraphs, 5-0. The evening was most memorable for senior team captains, Powell Saucedo ‘23 and Mazen Alwarhani ‘23, granting two last goals within the concluding five minutes of the game. The team’s collective determination to succeed and flawless execution of genuine teamwork are the driving forces that brought the boys to capture first place within their league. 

Correction: Varsity player Diego Flórez was incorrectly cited as Diego Vega. It has been corrected as of Jan. 28, 2023.