News brief: First “ultimate” fire party held in parking lot

Jill Vallance

Foothill Intervention, Reinforcement and Enrichment (FIRE) is getting more “lit”—instead of traditional parties hosted by each group individually, Cameron Wilcox ‘21 coordinated an “ultimate” FIRE party. Occurring on May 31, this event was hosted in the school’s back parking lot. It invited all FIRE classes to a gathering with cornhole, spikeball, music and food—all provided by students.

Because Wilcox “wanted to do something fun for everyone,” she started by planning a party for just her Pod, but her excitement led to something bigger: inviting every class to a joint get-together.

Wilcox’s FIRE teacher, Josiah Guzik, commends her hard work and hope this becomes an annual event.

“The idea was all hers,” Guzik said. “She did all the work—she just needed help figuring out where to go and what to do.” 

Overall, the class of 2021 enjoyed the party, and thought it was a positive note to end the year on.

“I think this is really well put together,” Jade Barretto ‘21 said. “People actually care about Foothill and the things we do.”

Others believed that their time as freshmen was made memorable.

“I’m really going to miss this freshman year,” Kylee Trone ‘21 said.

Jill Vallance, Reporter

I like news writing and living my best life.