News Brief: See’s Candy takes place of the Marie Callender’s fundraiser

Mayzee Oakes

Associated Student Body’s(ASB) most recent See’s Candy fundraiser raised $1,500 this past month after the Thomas Fire ruined any opportunity for the Marie Callender’s fundraiser.

The See’s Candy fundraiser involved, like many classic fundraisers, “students order forms and around either to their neighborhoods, their teachers or themselves and candy,” according to ASB Senior Class Secretary and Fundraising Director Kelly Tebbe ’18. The process ends with a delivery day where students can pick up the items they purchased in Spirito Hall.

Tebbe knew this fundraiser would be a hit, because “a lot of people, or at least a lot of kids, like See’s Candy.”

This funding opportunity lasted one month, between Feb. 9 and March 9, and raised a grand total of $4,000. However, more than 50 percent goes back to See’s Candy, which is why ASB only receives $1,500 of the total. The money will go towards the generalized ASB budget, which was “5,000 dollars short” from their goal, Tebbe said.