News Brief: See’s Candy takes place of the Marie Callender’s fundraiser

Mayzee Oakes

Associated Student Body’s(ASB) most recent See’s Candy fundraiser raised $1,500 this past month after the Thomas Fire ruined any opportunity for the Marie Callender’s fundraiser.

The See’s Candy fundraiser involved, like many classic fundraisers, “students [getting] order forms and [going] around either to their neighborhoods, their teachers or themselves and [selling] candy,” according to ASB Senior Class Secretary and Fundraising Director Kelly Tebbe ’18. The process ends with a delivery day where students can pick up the items they purchased in Spirito Hall.

Tebbe knew this fundraiser would be a hit, because “a lot of people, or at least a lot of kids, like See’s Candy.”

This funding opportunity lasted one month, between Feb. 9 and March 9, and raised a grand total of $4,000. However, more than 50 percent goes back to See’s Candy, which is why ASB only receives $1,500 of the total. The money will go towards the generalized ASB budget, which was “5,000 dollars short” from their goal, Tebbe said.