News Brief: Get ready for prom, “old sport!”

Anticipation grows for over 300 students that will be attending prom on Apr. 22. This year, the prom theme is based on the novel “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Junior class vice president Alaina Hooks ‘18 said that the theme was inspired by the party scene, which is “really upbeat and [has] good vibes.”

“We were originally going to go with a black and white, really classy theme,” Hooks said. “But then we realized a Gatsby theme is something that we can be more creative with and definitely portray better.”

The venue that the Associated Student Body (ASB) selected this year is the Las Posas Country Club. The address of this club is 955 Fairway Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010.

Dinner is included in the price of the ticket. The food will be served for the first hour of the dance, from 6 to 7 p.m. Pasta, tri tip, chicken, salad and rolls will be served as entrees and dessert will be cookies and brownies.

Participants should dress in formal attire that is generally compatible with the school’s dress code. No bare midriffs should be shown and no underwear or body parts should be shown in an indecent manner. However, dresses that have low-cut backs are acceptable if they are within these regulations.

Drugs and alcohol are prohibited at this event.

The ASB committee has been organizing all details and carrying out plans to perfection for almost a year.

“I am incredibly excited about prom,” Hooks commented. “It’s been something that we have been working hard on for the past few months, […] and I’m really looking forward to it!”