Bridget McGuire aspires to unite students as ASB President

Credit: Gabrialla Cockerell / The Foothill Dragon Press

Bridget McGuire ‘18 is running for Associated Student Body (ASB) President for the 2017-2018 school year. She is unopposed in her campaign and is the current Renaissance Rally coordinator. 

As president, McGuire plans on utilizing the student body’s voice and implementing this into her decision making in order “to make Foothill a greater place.”

Similar to previous ASB presidents, McGuire emphasizes that she plans to create better communication between ASB students and non-ASB students in regards to ASB-coordinated events such as Renaissance Rallies. McGuire hopes this will instill a stronger sense of involvement. She will attempt to get all students “to feel like they’re heard” because “the rallies are for them.”

McGuire doesn’t yet have a solidified plan on how she would attenuate the barrier between the students, but she has a number of ideas. McGuire wants to “personally, as President” give the student body announcements on the intercom and integrate surveys which ask for students’ opinions on ASB-related matters.

She believes that she has the “ability to turn [the student body]’s ideas and ASB’s ideas into a reality.”

On Friday, students will have the opportunity to vote for ASB President and Vice President on the stage. The results will be announced shortly thereafter. Elections for Class Presidents and Vice Presidents will be held next week.