Rally kicks off CST testing (schedule included)

ASB member senior David White hands out candy to junior Daniel Garcia to help motivate students to do well on their testing this year. Credit: Eva Morales/The Foothill Dragon Press.

After Foothill was beaten by Oak Park last year as the highest performing school in Ventura County, Foothill is determined to raise its API score this year by doing well on the California Standardized Tests.

Principal Joe Bova and Assistant Principal Peggy Kroener also went to talk to classes to tell students about how colleges look at a high school’s Academic Performance Index, or API score.

To motivate students, ASB also organized the STAR rally which featured the beloved Dragon, who, along with ASB representatives, handed out candy to the student body.

Competition among the different grade levels has encouraged students to do their best so that their class can be known as raising the school’s API score.

The last test will be held on May 12 and will be followed by Air Guitar on May 13 when students will be able to relax and forget about the CST’s.

Along with the following tips, make sure to bring a book to read because you will not be allowed to listen to music, use any electronic device or do homework that relates to the subject you are being tested on.

How to prepare for the CSTs…

• Sleep 8-10 hours the night before
  • Eat a healthy breakfast

What you need to bring in the testing days…

• A book to read after test
  • #2 pencils and erasers
  • Snacks

What not to bring…

• Any material related to the subject that your testing
  • Electronics
  • Calculators

Testing Schedule

Wednesday May 4 – CST English

Thursday May 5 – CST Social Science

Tuesday May 10 – CST Math

Thursday May 12 – CST Science

Monday- Wednesday 16, 17, 18 – CST Make-ups

Editor’s Note: A previous version of this story incorrectly identified Principal Joe Bova as Joe Boca.