“Arrow” chronicles a superhero’s transformation

"Arrow" is a show on The CW that follows a superheroes good deeds in his community of evil. Credit: Warner Brothers Television/The Foothill Dragon Press
“Arrow” is a show on The CW that follows a superheroes good deeds in his community of evil. Credit: Warner Brothers Television

After surviving five years on a deserted island, Oliver returns home to find that his friends and family have grown distant. He becomes superhero, Arrow, to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore his hometown of Starling City to what it used to be.

“Arrow” is a show on The CW based on the comic book character, Green Arrow, but “Arrow” follows a slightly different storyline than the comic does.

Oliver, played by Stephen Amell, must use the book of names his father left behind to avenge his father’s dying wishes and seek out the evil and corrupt people of his city to right their wrongs. Every show starts out with Oliver saying, “Now I will fulfill my father’s dying wish. To use the list of names he left me and bring down those who are poisoning my city. To do this I must become someone else. I must become… something else.”

The plot line in this show is phenomenal and thrilling. The actors do a great job portraying their characters and really put a lot of emotion into their roles. The action scenes are very well done and intense, grabbing the viewer’s attention. The whole story line is unraveled with new plot twists in every episode.

The whole season played out very well. There were no boring episodes, and the cliffhanger endings kept me wondering what was going to happen next in the story. The whole show is fast-paced, and keeps the viewer on edge.

Arrow” is not just another predictable superhero show. In the show “Smallville,” it took Clark Kent almost 10 seasons to become Superman, but in “Arrow,” Oliver becomes a superhero within the first 10 minutes. As Arrow lets everyone know at the end of each episode, “You have failed this city.” The viewers know, however, that this show has not let them down.