Wrap-Up: Foothill girl’s volleyball defeated by Carpinteria

Credit: Josh Ren/The Foothill Dragon Press

Aniah McKenzie

The girls’ varsity volleyball team played against Carpinteria High School, losing 0-3. They competed on home ground, Cabrillo Middle School. The match scores were 16-25, 13-25, and 20-25.

Coach Chip Tarleton believes the team is still having many of the same problems as in previous games.

“Again, [w]e are still struggling with playing consistently for entire sets and matches,” said Tarleton.

Tarleton believes the team needs “time, experience, and [maturity]” in order to improve.

Tarleton recognizes that the team is going through difficult trials, but is getting through it confidently, and is proud that they are doing well, despite the current situation.

“They are going through some challenging situations and are holding up well,” said Tarleton.

He believes that to improve, besides experience and time, the players need to cooperate more as a team.

“They [the team] need to continue to find ways to work together,” said Tarleton.

The team has had two wins and nine losses in the Frontier League, and three wins and ten losses overall.