Wrap-Up: Foothill’s baseball team plays last home game of the season against Cate

Wrap-Up: Foothills baseball team plays last home game of the season against Cate

Foothill’s baseball team played their last home game of the season at Fritz Huntsinger Youth Sports Complex in Ventura on Wednesday, May 13. The game had been rescheduled to this date due to the rain. They faced Cate High School and won with a score of 9-6.

Credit: Paris Shepherd/The Foothill Dragon Press

This win earned Foothill’s team the title of second place in the Frontier League, which allows them to continue into playoffs.

Coach Clint Ellison said that it has been a good first season for the boys.

“[There were] many ups and downs but since we started league we have been playing really good baseball,” said Ellison.

Ellison said that the goal that he still wants the boys to focus on is to “throw strikes and play defense,” which they will have time to improve upon during playoffs.

The team will not know any details about the first playoff game until the playoff brackets are posted by the CIF committee on Monday morning.