Boys tennis

Claire Hadley
Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) boys tennis brought home a California Scholastic Federation (CIF) division four title, placing first in league with a record of 6-0, remaining undefeated. In CIF, they placed second among the 27 top competing teams in Calif. Southern Section.

The Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) boys tennis team had a particularly successful season as they took first place in league with an undefeated record of 7-0. The team also managed to push through to the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) championship where they took a hard-fought second place, 8-10.

Some leading performers on the individual side include Shaurya Shyam ‘25 and Charlie Powers ‘27 who both made second-team all-league.

On the doubles side, the dynamic duo of Greg Davis ‘26 and Dylan Files ‘26 stood out. Both players made first-team all-league and they won second place in league individuals.

Head coach, Dan Fitzpatrick summed up the season, “it was a magical ride watching the boys play and fight all the way through … all the way down within a couple of games of winning CIF.”

The Dragons look to the 2024-2025 season to continue their success in the regular season and bring home the CIF championship title.