Girls water polo

Rihanna Samples
Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) girls water polo team had an overall record of 4-10 and 0-2 in the Tri-Valley League. Team captains, Stephanie Botello ‘24 and Emily Vasquez ‘24, led the team to finish the season strong.

The Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) girls water polo team faced tough competition throughout the 2023-2024 winter season. The team finished with a 6-11 overall record and a record of 2-6 in league play.

Despite the relentless competition, one of their highlights came on their annual senior night where they triumphed against Villanova Preparatory High School, 21-7. Seniors Stephanie Botello ‘24 and Emily Vasquez ‘24 were commemorated on senior night for their dedication and hard work for the team.

Individuals were also recognized for their skills in the pool. Vasquez earned the most valuable player award, Caroline VanDerKooji ‘26 earned the rookie of the year award, Jaelissa Lozano Rivera ‘26 earned the most improved award and Lauren Happle ‘26 earned the defensive player award.

Vasquez spoke about the team’s culture, stating, “I’m gonna miss how heartfelt and how nice and inclusive they are, we’re just like one big family.”