Playoff recap: Foothill swim sends five girls to CIF meet

Coach David Wallace, Giovanna Postma ‘21, Annika Arroyo ‘20, Sydney Roman ‘19, Caitlin Potter ‘19 and alternate Morgan Mckillican ‘20 smile for the camera in front of the pool and score board at Riverside Community College. Credit: Rochelle Roman (used with permission)

Katie Denger

The Foothill Technology High School swim team’s Sydney Roman ‘19, Annika Arroyo ‘20, Giovanna Postma ‘21, Caitlin Potter ‘19 and Heidi Fedde ‘21 competed in the 2018 California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) finals at Riverside Community College over the span of three days (May 8-10).

As a team, Postma, Roman, Potter and Arroyo received ninth place in the 200 Medley Relay and 16th place in the 400 Freestyle Relay.

In addition to the relays, Arroyo came in sixth place in the 100 Breaststroke and seventh in the 200 Individual Medley. Potter came in 13th for the 100 backstroke and 18th in the 200 freestyle.

Fedde competed in the diving portion of CIF and placed tenth on Tuesday, May 8.

In regards to her relay team, Roman stated that they “all dropped time at some point in the meet and swam great with all of [their] events.” Roman also said that it was “a big honor” to be one of the few CIF competitors.

With the season coming to a close, Postma commented that “the swim season was super fun” and “everyone worked hard and put in the work for the team.”

Katie Denger, Reporter

Katie Denger is a second year sports writer, soccer player and orange juice addict