News Brief: Axxess book fundraiser profits exceed projected income

Anna Lapteva

Every year, Associated Student Body (ASB) holds a fundraiser of Axxess books in order to raise money for school events such as Renaissance events, Air Guitar and school-wide activities. This year, the projected profit was $10,000 but the total profit was overachieved by over $1000, landing at $11,400.

ASB estimated that they would sell 500 Ventura Axxess books for $30 each and 20 Santa Barbara books for $40, and so far they have sold 592 Ventura Axxess books and nine Santa Barbara books.

For each book sold by a student, the school receives $11. Each student is encouraged to sell at least three books, but if the student does not want to sell the books, ASB accepts donations of $33.

Fundraising Director Kelly Tebbe ‘18 says that Axxess book fundraising is essential to contributing to the annual ASB budget.

“We’re spending around $50,000, and we only have $25,000 to start with, […] so we needed the donations and the Axxess books,” Tebbe said.

ASB Coordinator Melanie “Captain” Lindsey stated that the school is now only “$9,000 short” from achieving the budget value.

Overall, Axxess books serve to be a staple of ASB yearly fundraising endeavors, and prove to be effective in producing a majority of the money needed for the year. Aside from providing for school events, Tebbe said that the money will be used to “shine light on every student.”

Anna Lapteva, News Editor

In the spirit of mankind’s desire to transcend the limits, thinking and acting with passion and purpose.