Recap: Girls’ Golf crushes Buena, Ventura, St. Bonaventure

Katie Denger

The Foothill girls’ golf was once again victorious in their match against Buena High School, Ventura High School and St. Bonaventure High School on Aug. 31. The Dragons not only won the match but also broke their record by shooting a 208. Ventura took second place with a score of 234, Buena took third place by shooting a 252 and St. Bonaventure came in last with a score of 303.

Assistant coach Joel Pyron believes that the other three teams had “some good players” but weren’t “as deep” as Foothill’s team. Additionally, Pyron felt that “it was just a solid all around team effort everybody played really well.”

For Paris White ‘19, it was hard to find the team’s weaknesses because they played well. However, Pyron saw some flaws and believes that the team needs to work on “eliminating the little errors.”

According to White, girls’ golf is a “really close knit team” that gets along and enjoys to spend time together. She feels that the team supports each other and cheers each other on.

White tied with two other teammates and said that it was “pretty fun.” White, Kelly More ‘20 and Sammy Fenton ‘20 all shared third place, shooting a 43. Hannah Hart ‘20 came in first for Foothill with a 38 and Anna Pyron ‘19 shot a 41.

Both head coach Janey Dunn and Joel Pyron were impressed with Hart’s performances this week, starting off the season by shooting the team’s lowest score two games in a row. Joel Pyron was also impressed with More because she has one of her “best rounds .”

Even though Fenton felt that she struggled with “chipping and reaching the greens,” she shot a 43 and thought that overall the team putt and drove the ball well. White said that she also struggled but that she would work on her challenges during practice.

“There’s definitely always room for improvement,” White said.

Katie Denger, Reporter

Katie Denger is a second year sports writer, soccer player and orange juice addict

1 Comment

One Response to “Recap: Girls’ Golf crushes Buena, Ventura, St. Bonaventure”

1. Kyeler Brant on September 27th, 2017 8:39 pm

well put together article, great reporting!