Swim and dive

Kathleen Cheng
Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) swim and dive team had a successful season this year. On the girls side of the team, they placed second in the Tri-Valley league and had four athletes move onto California Scholastic Federation (CIF) Southern Section Division three preliminaries. The boys placed third in the Tri-Valley league and had one athlete move onto CIF.

The Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) swim and dive team made waves during the 2024 season. Multiple athletes moved onto the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) playoff preliminaries and one athlete made it to CIF finals in two events where she took to the podium in both.

Both the boys and girls swim teams advanced multiple athletes to the CIF preliminaries where athletes achieved personal records and rose to the level of competition.

Foothill Tech’s standout athlete Cynthia Hu ‘26 advanced all the way to CIF finals where she placed third in both 200-yard IM and 500-yard freestyle. The Foothill Tech girls team also swam Mikaela Clabaugh ‘25, Camellia Lewis ‘25 and Rihanna Samples ‘25 at CIF prelims.

There was one male Dragon representing Foothill in CIF which was Kylan Jaeger ‘26 who swam in the boys 500-yard freestyle.

None of Foothill Tech’s CIF swim athletes will be graduating so the team looks to the future for more success both individually and as a team.