Playoff recap: Girls’ basketball clips Eagles’ wings in 59-46 victory

Foothill Tech’s girls’ basketball team has another playoff victory under their belt, as they won their quarterfinal match against the Gabrielino Eagles on Wednesday, Feb. 21. The Dragons corralled a 59-46 win over the Eagles in what proved to be a “high pressure” game, according to point guard Cydnie Gutierrez ‘19.

Compared to their previous games, Gutierrez felt that that game was “more intense based on the fact that the other team’s fast paced style forced us to play a more fast paced game.”

Katie Bova ‘19 also felt that it was “super intense” but that they had “prepared the whole year for games” like Tuesday night’s. “We know our intensity needs to pick up as the games go on, so we go harder each game,” she said.

Both Gutierrez and Bova felt that the team needs to focus on not getting down on themselves when they make mistakes or “when things don’t go our way,” Gutierrez said.

The Dragons will play in the semifinal round of the California Interscholastic Playoffs on Saturday, Feb. 24 at Ventura College against the Knight Hawks.