Playoff Recap: Girls basketball falls to Beverly Hills in semifinals

After an undefeated league season, and two rounds of sufficient playoff performances, the Foothill girls’ basketball team’s season came to an end on Saturday night, losing to Beverly Hills High School 47-50, in a hard-fought semifinal match.  

The Dragons were tied multiple times in the fourth, but were unable to pull out the stops to win the game. Maddie Ozbourn ‘19 felt that the team was “expecting to win too easily,” and that “from the beginning, it seemed like we were almost in shock because of how close the score was.”

Abby Bova ‘19 described Beverly Hills’ shooting as “phenomenal,” but the Dragons didn’t have enough scoring for them “to pull away.” She said that they could have been more patient on offense, and “our rebounding wasn’t the greatest,” but “there is no denying the effort was there.”

Ozbourn thinks that “as a team, we weren’t able to pull through and play to our full potential,” but she looks forward to next season and the opportunity to play with the same lineup.

“We’re a very young team, so there’s still lots of learning to do,” Abby Bova said. “I’m looking forward to coming back and finishing what we started.”

Katie Bova ‘19 added that next season, the team will be “older and more experienced. I hope that next year, we will rise to the challenge and finish what we were unable to this year.”

The Dragons finished with an overall record of 18-7, and a league record of 10-0.