News Brief: Freshmen get a glimpse at Foothill’s atmosphere during “Meet and Greet”

Chloe Hilles

During FIRE (Foothill Intervention, Reinforcement and Enrichment) this past Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, freshman have been getting a piece of Foothill’s culture and expectations at a “Freshman Meet and Greet” led by vice principal Ron Briggs and principal Joe Bova.

Briggs and Bova addressed staff support, safety at Foothill, bullying policies, behavior, dress code and school cleanliness.

“[The goal] is to set the tone for the freshman because when they come in they know a little bit about Foothill, but this is just an introduction to the culture,” Briggs said.

Briggs hopes these talks helps prevent any future problems that might occur.

Associated Student Body (ASB) president Courtney Corbett and ASB vice president Kahar McCullum spoke to the freshman students about ASB and their goals.

Freshman Emma Bowles enjoys the fact that “the people here are here to help […]. A lot of people [at Foothill] aren’t judgmental, and they just want to come here to learn.”