Students “travel” world at Ren rally (19 photos)

Foothills Renaissance Rally gave students a chance to face off with each other in a friendly jousting session. Credit: Emma Huebner/The Foothill Dragon Press.
Foothill’s Renaissance Rally gave students a chance to face off with each other in a friendly jousting session. Credit: Emma Huebner/The Foothill Dragon Press.

Slurping icy snow cones, hanging out with your best friends and seeing teachers fighting with inflatable lances gives an image as to what Foothill’s first Renaissance Rally of the year looked like on Nov. 5.

Renaissance rallies serve as incentives for students who excel academically. Students that have maintained a GPA of over 3.0 for a semester are rewarded with t-shirts, free food, and a long lunch with fun activities.

ASB coordinated the theme “Around the World” for the event. Different sections of the quad represented countries from across the globe. ASB students dressed up in Italian, Egyptian, Eskimo, British, Russian, and Leprechaun attire to fit the theme.

Face painting and Henna tattoos were major attractions, while the jousting ring and the rock wall were available for the more audacious. Snow cones from the Arctic Circle were good for cooling off on a hot day.

Unlike last Renaissance Rally, FLIGHT students who had not obtained a 3.0 GPA were allowed to remain in the quad area instead of Spirito Hall.

Overall, Renaissance and FLIGHT students alike enjoyed the extra long lunch, a day with friends, and a goal to work towards for future Renaissance Rallies.