News Brief: all-district art show to display art by 27 Foothill students

The+Museum+of+Ventura+County%2C+where+the+all-district+art+show+will+take+place.+

Smithsonian Magazine

The Museum of Ventura County, where the all-district art show will take place.

Anna Lapteva, News Editor

From April 18 to May 5, the Ventura Unified School District (Ventura Unified) will be hosting the second annual all-district art show.

According to the Museum of Ventura County, this event is a synthesis of the “incredible array of Arts education” that Ventura Unified provides; students have the opportunity to “explore a variety of artistic mediums, diverse artistic styles, art history, contemporary and classical artists, as well as ceramics and digital photography,” all of which will be displayed at the art show.

There are 27 Foothill students who are contributing 35 works total to the show. A total of 93 pieces will be displayed, some of which will be for sale.

The event will take place at the Museum of Ventura County, located at 100 E Main Street, and will be open to the public from April 19 to May 5 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. On the final day, there will be entertainment and a “People’s Choice” awards segment.

Furthermore, the Museum of Ventura County will be offering Ventura Unified families discounted membership throughout the duration of this event.

For additional clarifications regarding the event, the Museum of Ventura County suggests to contact Ventura Unified art teacher Nancy Kellogg at [email protected].