Tera Creech brings a new element to Rancho Campana High

Credit: Olivia Sanford / The Foothill Dragon Press

Though her time as a Dragon was short, Foothill science teacher Tera Creech is trading in her wings for a new job at Rancho Campana High School she will teach biology.

This shift from Foothill to Rancho Campana will not be solely benefiting her, but the student atmosphere as well. Rancho Campana is in their third year and Creech wants to bring the spirit of community from Foothill with her. She claims that “the experiences I have had here at Foothill can really help me at Rancho and help them establish that type of atmosphere.”

Biology has been a part of her past and now it has made its way back into her life as it is the subject she will be teaching.

Creech has met some of her new colleagues and she that “they compare similarly” to the Foothill staff.

“That they have high standards of their students, they want to make that school really the best that it can be,” she said.

Creech expresses her gratitude towards her fellow staff members with feelings of remorse for leaving Foothill. “There is some amazing people, really a supportive culture where you are collaborating with other teachers that I really think is awesome. And again, you don’t see that in every school.”

Like most, the decision to leave Foothill was not easy, primarily because of the students. “There is a sense of community here that you don’t always see at other schools,” she said.

Creech is starting the next chapter in her book of life. No one knows how Rancho Campana will go, but we do know that Tera Creech will always be a Dragon.

Correction: A previous version of this article incorrectly reported that Creech moved to Rancho Cucamonga High School. She moved to Rancho Campana High School. The article was corrected to reflect this on Feb. 27, 2018 at 9:55 p.m.

View Comments (1)