Track and field

Lauren Kaller
Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) track and field had a phenomenal season this year. The boys had a successful season, taking seven male athletes to Southern Section Finals where the dragons made history, achieving the first CIF Finalist title with a combined point total of 33. Each of the seven boys that made it to CIF Finals earned points for the team and were able to place as one of the top six athletes in division four. The girls also had a successful season, taking one athlete all the way to CIF Finals. The program also had multiple records broken in various track and field events.

The 2024 track season was a successful one for Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech). As Foothill Tech advanced nine athletes to the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) postseason finals. All nine of these athletes left with medals and the boys team earned the program’s first ever team CIF runner-up award.

Bennett Rodman ‘26 was the only female Dragon to advance to CIF finals but made the team proud with a huge PR and second-place finish in girls’ high jump.

Foothill Tech also had eight male athletes competing in CIF finals. For field events Merric Bayless ‘24 competed in the boys’ long jump, Elijah Spencer ‘26 competed in boys’ shot put and lastly, Cody Bondy ‘24 competed in the boys’ discus event.

On the track, Foothill Tech had four distance athletes competing; Conor White ‘25 competed in the 1600-meter run, Braeden Elliott ‘24 and Vigo Bortolin ‘27 competed in the 800-meter run and lastly Chance Leandro ‘25 competed in the 3200.

To close out the meet, Foothill Tech ran their boys’ 4×400-meter team which was composed of Bayless, White, Bondy and Ian Clayton ‘25.

Foothill Tech looks to build on their record-breaking 2024 season as they set their sights on even faster times in the upcoming season.