Lauren Kaller

Lola Tennison ‘24 prepares to slam the ball back to her opponent in hopes of scoring a point.

Girls’ tennis

On the windy day of Nov. 2, 2022 girls’ tennis faced off against Simi Valley High School at Ventura College in their first round of CIF playoffs. Julia Geib ‘25 and Lola Tennison ‘24 are introduced to the players in their first match of the day, high-fiving them with tennis rackets and wishing them luck in the game to come. Players from both teams, wrapped in jackets to stay warm, show their support by clapping and cheering on their teammates. (Lauren Kaller)

Girls’ Tennis has had an outstanding season with a stacked lineup of players. The line one doubles team consisted of Lola Tennison ‘24 and Julia Geib ‘25 who put in hard work and time, which resulted in them winning all of league. Their season ended in the second round of CIF. 

Aditi Shanbhag ‘25 was ecstatic about the season end result, “I think we had a pretty good season. We went undefeated in league. That was pretty great, we were all doing amazing, and you could really see a lot of improvement with every single individual player.”

Cumulatively, singles got to the CIF quarterfinals before their season ended. Line one singles consisted of Kira Branson ‘24, line two was Frances English ‘24, and line three was Anna English ‘24. 

Line two doubles consisted of Anna Nells ‘23 and Shanbhag. Line three doubles was  Camille Stern ‘23, while Vivian Ryan ‘25 and Saanvi Joshi ‘26 switched out for games.  

All three lines of singles and doubles remained undefeated throughout the entirety of league play. 

Seniors Biscard and Nelles were given a proper goodbye at senior night over at the VC courts. 

The team had a very successful season, hoping to keep up the momentum for the following year.