Claire Hadley

Lorraine Corona ‘23 swam the breaststroke part of the Girls 200 yard Medley Relay, finishing her 50 meters with a time of 37.02 seconds.

Swim and dive

On the evening of April 28, 2023, the Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) swim team competed in league finals on a thrilling night resulting in personal records for many of the athletes. The girl’s junior varsity (JV), boys’ JV and girls’ varsity team all took first in league with the boy’s varsity team placing second in league. Claire Hadley

The Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) swim and dive team had a very impressive season this year. The girls’ swim and dive team dove into the season and won league finals and moved on to place 1oth in CIF as an overall team. On the flip side, The boys swim and dive team finished second in league finals but did not move any individuals onto CIF. 

For the seniors, this was their last season swimming under the Foothill Tech name, creating a meaningful experience for them. 

The seniors’ impact on the team is everlasting for the rest of the Dragons. Camila Lewis ‘25 commented on what the seniors have done for the team, “The seniors were super supportive and always giving great tips.”

The future of Foothill Tech swim and dive looks very promising with multiple underclassmen for the girls’ team in specific, many of them moving forward to CIF. Lewis spoke on the future of the team saying, “we are going to be pretty strong next year for the girls… we have a lot of good underclassmen right now.”