Rihanna Samples

On the night of April 12, 2023, the Dragons honored their senior players while hosting the Laguna Blanca School. Hoping to secure a win on Senior Night and end their league losing streak, the Dragons played hard, but ultimately it wasn’t enough to beat the Laguna Blanca Owls.

Boys’ volleyball

The boys’ volleyball team had a record of 9-10-1 in overall play. They had a disappointing 5-5 record in league play,  and they did not move on to CIF after placing fourth in their league. 

The Dragons took a step in the wrong direction with a win percentage of .47%, compared to last year’s .67%. Last year the Dragons had an overall record of 14-7 and moved to CIF. 

The season was still greatly impactful for the players, Spencer Jones ‘25 commented on saying goodbye to the seniors, “I feel like the seniors were the drive of the team…they made every game so fun.”

Despite the season not going the way the team wanted, the senior’s final season still meant a lot and events like senior night made the season special for them.

Spencer Jones ‘25 along with other members of the volleyball team are excited about next season. Jones said, “I’m looking forward to next season because we have a lot of other players that are improving greatly.”