Ella Asher

Hawaiian Bowl: This acai bowl combines the best flavors that will transport one into a Hawaiian paradise. The mingling of silky and crunchy consistencies, complemented by notes of sweet and savory, merges seamlessly to create a harmonious bowl.

The Blend Superfood Bar

April 6, 2023

Ella: I ordered the Hawaiian Bowl and it did not disappoint. This bowl combines the best textures of smooth and crunchy with delicious elements of sweet and salty. The base contains acai, mango, banana and coconut-pineapple juice. Additionally, it is topped with strawberries, mango, granola, coconut and banana — however, I substituted the bananas out. Hidden under the fresh fruit and nutty granola lies a creamy, smooth, perfectly blended acai smoothie. The visual representation was on point. I was a little nervous that the taste wasn’t going to beat the aesthetic of the bowl, but I was wrong. As this was one of the very few acai bowls I’ve had, its taste exceeded my expectations and I was soon in a tropical paradise. The ratio of base to toppings was mostly well-balanced. However, it was kind of hard to get to the smoothie portion at first due to the amount of toppings. Nonetheless, the delicious Hawaiian taste quickly made up for it. The price of the bowl was $11.95 for a small, which I think is a little pricey for what you’re getting. Overall, this bowl was delicious and satisfied my palate. I would rate this bowl an 8/10. 

Paradise Bowl: The base of this pitaya bowl is bursting with color and flavor, complimented by the many different toppings. It is a perfect treat for a hot day. (Julia Brossia)

Julia: I ordered the Paradise Bowl, which was a vibrant pitaya bowl bursting with flavor. The base consisted of pitaya, strawberry, pineapple, banana and coconut-pineapple juice, which all blended together to create a bright, tropical taste. To compliment the base, it was topped with granola, banana, strawberry, pineapple, coconut shreds and honey. Personally, I’m not the biggest fan of granola, but the concentration of granola in this bowl was perfect. It was not overwhelming; just enough to add some crunch. The base itself was flavorful and tart, which was wonderfully contrasted by the creamy banana. Although this was the first pitaya bowl I’ve ever eaten, it was outstanding in terms of presentation as well as flavor. Overall, this is a perfect sweet treat to order on a hot day, or whenever you’re craving something bright and flavorful. I would rate the Paradise Bowl an 8.5/10. The Blend Superfood Bar, although somewhat pricey, is definitely worth your time.