Ruby Jenkins

Potato Dog (top) and Spicy Dog (bottom): As the two most popular foods on their menu, you can expect a long line for these items. Despite this, they come out hot and fresh every time.

Two Hands Korean Corn Dogs

April 6, 2023

Ruby: I ordered one of their most popular items, the Spicy Dog. Maybe I didn’t order the right thing, but this restaurant is nothing to write home about. The popularity of Korean corn dogs certainly garnered my interest, but I didn’t find that this restaurant did them justice. Why would anyone ever top a corn dog with crushed-up Hot Cheetos? Not even lime-flavored Hot Cheetos, for that matter. I enjoyed the choices of filling — rather than just a classic hot dog, you can also get cheese or  half hot dog, half cheese, but that was about it for my pros. I can’t imagine anyone is going to this restaurant for the taste. Sure, maybe it looks good for a photo, but this was a one-and-done place for me. The only reason I would eat at this restaurant again is to relive the cheese pull that each corn dog had. This proves that people only eat at this restaurant for the looks of the food. There is a chance that Two Hands Corn Dogs has better dishes to offer, but if their main offering of corn dogs isn’t good, I truly wonder if this restaurant will stand the test of time in The Annex Food Hall. 

Julia: I ordered one of their most popular items: the Potato Dog with half meat and half mozzarella. Surprisingly, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at this restaurant. I have never tried Korean corn dogs before, so I was particularly excited for this restaurant and it did not disappoint me. The first thing that caught my eye about the restaurant was the ordering system, where you order from a tablet rather than a cashier or waiter. I personally liked this aspect because it prevented the hassle of speaking to a stranger. When the Potato Dog actually arrived, I was quite surprised by its appearance, but nonetheless it tasted fantastic. The flavor was very different from an American corn dog because of the sweetness, and I liked that difference. The cheese was savory and stretchy and the potatoes were a fantastic addition to this item. Overall, I would rate it an 8/10. 

Another item that I ordered were the Kimchi Seasoning Fries. These fries were by far the best thing I tried while I was at The Annex. The fries had a crispy and crunchy outside while also being soft on the inside. Although it got my hands a little messy, the seasoning was fantastic. It was flavorful, but not overwhelming. It wasn’t too spicy, but it was just enough flavor to make these better than your average french fries. Overall, I would give them a 9/10.