Olivia Mowad

With Senior Night competitions in the rear view mirror and CIF playoffs just around the corner, check out our comprehensive coverage of the conclusion of the boys’ and girls’ soccer and basketball seasons.

From Senior Night to CIF: soccer and basketball sweep their way through the end of the season and into playoffs

As the winter sports season came to a close, the basketball and soccer teams at Foothill Technology High School (Foothill Tech) finished out triumphant seasons with the continuation of their consistent success. The boys’ and girls’ soccer teams both clinched league championships, and the girls’ and boys’ basketball teams finished tied in first and second, respectively. The last week of their seasons were punctuated by victories on Senior Night, three of which occurred on the same night of Jan 31. This league success earned all four teams a home game in the first round of the playoffs for the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Southern Section, a historic feat for Foothill Tech athletics. Read on for coverage of all four Senior Night wins and for previews of each CIF contest.

Boys’ soccer
Girls’ soccer
Boys’ basketball
Girls’ basketball