Wrap-Up: Foothill softball defeated by Grace Brethren

Yesterday the Dragons lost to Grace Brethren at home with a score of 1-8. Coach Priscilla Rouse-Becker felt the tone of the game was “up and down.”

“The girls are still learning what it is to maintain intensity from the first pitch through the last pitch when winning or losing,” said Rouse-Becker.

Despite the excitement, Rouse-Becker believes there were still some “good things” with “great production from girls coming off the bench.”

Sophomore Talia Temkin came in to pick up two hits, one of which was a base hit to score freshman Jessica Mendoza. Rouse-Becker said “it felt good to get on the board,” calling Temkin’s hit the most important play of the game. It was the team’s only run.

Foothill had six hits and one earned run. Grace Brethren had 10 hits. With six errors, Rouse-Becker believes Foothill “made it easy for them.”

“The girls need to understand how to reduce their nervousness at the plate and during games in general. They also need to learn how to maintain a high level of focus from the first pitch through the last,” she said.